Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Alleged victim testifies Sandusky threatened him unless he kept quiet

Alleged victim testifies Sandusky threatened him unless he kept quiet                       
By Kim Kaplan, NBC News, and M. Alex Johnson, msnbc.com

6/13/12 Jurors heard more graphic testimony Wednesday in the trial of former Penn State University assistant coach Jerry Sandusky, including testimony from an alleged victim who said Sandusky threatened that he would be cut off from his family if he told anyone about their sexual relationship....

"He said if I told anyone, I would never see my family again," the man said. Sandusky then apologized and said "he loved me," the man said, adding that he remained silent about incidents until last year "because I was scared, I was ashamed (and) I was embarrassed."....

Sandusky, 68, the former longtime defensive coordinator at Penn State, denies all 52 counts alleging that he abused 10 boys over 15 years. Two grand jury reports accused him of having used his connection to one of the nation's premier college football programs to "groom" the boys, whom he met through his Second Mile charity for troubled children, for sexual relationships.

It was the third straight day that jurors in Bellefonte, Pa., heard disturbingly graphic descriptions of Sandusky's alleged pedophilia. Two of the alleged victims testified Wednesday, and three more alleged victims are scheduled to testify....

Sandusky gave the boy tickets to Penn State football games for more than a dozen years, beginning in 1997, he said.
The man testified that he didn't tell his story until last year because "it was just something I didn't want my family or anyone to know. I just figured I'll keep it to myself and I get to to go to these games, so I'll push that part to the back of my mind."....

The final witness of the day was a Penn State physical plant worker who testified that one night he saw "one set of hairy legs and one set of skinny legs" in the showers. Shortly thereafter, Sandusky and a small boy emerged, and "I said, 'Good evening, Coach,'" said the man, Ronald Petrovsky. After a long bench conference, Petrovsky was allowed to testify that he later talked to Penn State janitor who also had seen the incident and was severely shaken....
http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/06/13/12202218-alleged-victim-testifies-sandusky-threatened-him-unless-he-kept-quiet

No comments: