Tuesday, January 3, 2012

When a Child Is Abused by a War Veteran

When a Child Is Abused by a War Veteran

Wednesday 29 December 2011 David Swanson, War Is a Crime Report

....The treatment that Brown received as a girl, by her account, rivals in my estimation that meted out to prisoners of the CIA. She was starved, sleep-deprived, forced to stand endlessly, denied access to a bathroom, and beaten almost daily with all manner of objects. She was terrorized, physically damaged, cut, bruised, sight-impaired, brain injured, and of course denied medical care or pain killers. This girl grasped at every shred of possible explanation why, and the evidence pointed strongly in one direction: war

....How, year after year after year, was the constant beating of a wife and all of his children kept quiet? Brown's grandmother knew. Brown's grandfather and uncles knew:

"My mom said my dad put a knife up to her dad's throat and said he would kill him if they didn't get out of his home. My dad chased her brothers down the street."

The author's school knew, despite lots of lies about falling down, and lots of staying home until bruises healed:

"My father even came to my classroom at school and whipped me in front of all my friends. That made me so damn mad, because he was hitting me in public now.
http://www.truth-out.org/when-child-abused-war-veteran/1325528788

No comments: