Saturday, December 3, 2011

Penn State and Syracuse sex abuse scandals

Jerry Sandusky talks about Joe Paterno, case, Times reports 12/3/11 Associated Press NEW YORK

Former Penn State defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky said Joe Paterno never spoke to him about any suspected misconduct with minors, The New York Times reported Saturday.

Sandusky has been charged with 40 counts of molesting eight boys over 15 years and is free on bail while awaiting a preliminary hearing on Dec. 13.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/story/2011-12-03/jerry-sandusky-talks-about-joe-paterno-case-times-reports



Syracuse sex abuse scandal - As Boeheim's mind wanders, Syracuse players focus on winning Sean Deveney Sporting News 12/3/11

....“I have talked to some people today and yesterday about what I am going to say,” Boeheim said Friday night. “These are my thoughts. No one said, ‘This is what you should say.’ No one indicated that I had to say something. This is what I feel.

"I have to make three comments. The first one is, I believe I misspoke, very badly, in my response to the allegations that have been made. I shouldn’t have questioned what the accusers expressed or their motives. I am really sorry that I did that, and I regret any harm that I caused. It was insensitive to the individuals involved and especially to the issue of child abuse.”

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-basketball/feed/2011-11/syracuse-scandal/story/as-jim-boeheims-mind-wonders-syracuse-players-focus-on-winning

No comments: